ELIXIR

ELIXIR

I sit in the dark
Life and tragedy heart attack...

I envy a child
Whose parents afford a ride...

I can reach for the stars
Education would make a start...

But I have no start up kit
To reach the sky now
But truly deep down my heart,
I believe I would break limits...

They said i'm from those dark pits where parents dumped and took to their heels...

I was told how I was covered with blood and cords and left in the darkest path of the gully along the street...

This even broke my heart the more as i wished to flee to the hills to get my peace in order...

They said the dumper didn't even blink a sec and disappeared to the thin air; leaving me with the fate of gross darkness before they came...

Whether I made it...
Whether I still breathe…
Whether I was devoured by cats and dogs in the street...
They didn't even care!

Rather they paid deaf ears;
And only what they could hear was the drum beats of the  darkest part of hell to propagate the art of disposing an innocent creature!

And behold, I'm still breathing...
I'm still alive not devoured...
I'm still coping in this world of other creatures whose fate was similar to mine...

I still sit in the dark wishing...
I can be wrapped in mum and dad's arms just this once but i don't even know them...
I was brought back to reality with those whips from the rod of the staff;
Which gave me a tragedic heart attack...

My heart pants at its peak...
I can feel my heart plumping out of my chest...

As I watched a kid who came to adopt from the orphanage looking so dazzling like an angel...

The joining of hands by mum, dad and the kid reminded me of what was missing in my life-
Family, full of love undiluted...

As I reached out to be picked
But all efforts proved abortive...
I felt the pains and agony of the fresh wound they left me with...

But, here am I still sitting in the dark...
Soaking my pillows with tears...
Envying a child whose parents affords a ride and love...

And praying that someday, I would be outta of here and reach the stars...
But education would make a start
For all to learn from my glorious end from the start...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EFFECTIVE PROJECT MANAGEMENT SYSTEM BEST PRACTICES

EMPOWERED YOUTH: DRIVERS OF NIGERIA'S SOCIO- ECONOMIC GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT

LIFE A TEACHER